Tuesday, July 24, 2012

14 days later...

Ralph's white cell count was high enough (4) to come home!  As scary as it is for me, he is thrilled to be in his own bed.  His home comments included, "We have a nice yard" and "you don't know how good my bed feels".  Well, I have an idea about both since I tried to create a clean comfortable bed and a picturesque yard.  However, I hope that I never have to gain the appreciation that Ralph has for either.

He spent most of the first evening in his room.  He did come downstairs to eat and took the dogs out.  He walked through the yard then back to his room. 

He is still a little anxious and gets confused unless he focuses on one thing at a time.  I am trying to get him to focus on staying germ free and forget the rest.  He plans to greet visitors next week...outside only.  Hopefully, that works out for him.

Your cards and well wishes and calls and prayers give us strength and courage.  Thank you!  We plan to have a break from thinking about Multiple Myeloma for awhile.  We plan to try a carefree look on life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment